![]() |
| Bennett finally got a BIG BOY bed! He missed his crib a little, but has adjusted very well to his new bed! |
We were a little nervous for the change from a crib to a bed, but we figured it was about time. He is over 2 1/2 now-haha! He never figured out how to climb out of his crib either, so we were still enjoying that! The very first time we put him down for a nap (yes, he still takes naps) in his new bed he flipped out and of course got out. I had heard on Supernanny to just go in there, not say anything and put them back down on their bed until they understand that they have to stay in. Eric and I took turns putting him back and it took about 35 minutes and literally 30 times of putting him back in his bed for him to stay in and take a nap. He tried everything from saying he was hungry to saying he wanted kisses, or he would just sneak out and play with his toys. He finally did fall asleep in his bed. When he woke up we made a big deal and told him GOOD JOB for staying in his bed. I was still nervous for the nighttime, but I only had to put him back ONCE and he stayed in and went to bed. I was on edge the whole night thinking he would come out and come in our bed-it's impossible to sleep with him in our bed-but he stayed the whole night in his bed!! The craziest part of it all is that in the morning I could hear him talking, so I knew he was awake, and I went in there and he was still in his bed. He has done that all week now-he doesn't get out of his bed unless we say "Bennett you can get out now", or until we go in and get him! It's kindof sad in a way, but SUPER nice! I would definitely recommend trying the "Supernanny" method. It worked better than I could ever imagine!






4 comments:
super cute! all i have to say is...wow. you are LUCKY! max has been horrible at sleeping in a big boy bed. the only thing that has worked (it took at least a few months to even get to where we are now) is to lay with him. otherwise, he'll get out a billion times! we even have to put a gate up on his door. we tried the supernanny method but it totally didn't work for max's personality. and i totally can't believe bennett stays in his bed in the morning. that is too sweet!
Sounds like BENNETT LOVES his BIG BOY BED! CONGRATS! I love the supernanny... we have TV now and IM LOVING her show! Im glad her methods worked so well for you guys!! YAY!
That is so cute. I absolutely love the picture of him kneeling by his bed with his scriptures, saying his prayers. That is adorable.
I love him! It just doesn't get cutter than those pics! ADORABLE!
Post a Comment