I am going to tell you about my shopping trip today. I went to three different stores, Smith's, Kent's, and Walmart. I only did this today because my kids were not with me, otherwise, I would have just gone to Smith's. I like the produce better at Kent's so this is why I chose to go there too. The list of groceries I bought is as follows:
- 2 boxes Post Shredded Wheat cereal
- 2 boxes Post Grape Nuts cereal
- 2 boxes Mom's Best Naturals toasty o's
- 1 loaf Great Grains Multi-grain bread
- 2 gallons of milk
- 1 gallon of 100% orange juice
- 3 jars La Victoria salsa
- 9 Balance energy bars
- 1 pack Mission tortillas-10 count
- 2 bags Garden of Eatin' tortilla chips
- 1 box Beech-nut oatmeal baby cereal
- 2 Digiorno frozen pizzas
- 1 box Jose Ole frozen taquitos
- 8 individual Kraft Easy-mac cups
- 2 packs of Pepperidge farm goldfish crackers
- 8 cups Kroger truly awesome kids yogurt
- 1, 4-pack of Yobaby yogurt
- 2 cups Chobani greek yogurt
- 1 lb. Daisy sour cream
- 4 strips of Fleishmann's pizza crust yeast
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 lb. strawberries
- 5 oranges
- 3 apples
- 2 avocados
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 5 roma tomatoes
- 5 yellow onions
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 2 packs of Solo paper plates
- 2 packs of Solo plastic cups
- 1, 6-pack Brawny big roll paper towels
- 1, 12-pack Quilted Northern double roll toilet paper
- 1 pack of pantiliners
One thing that I have found out about coupons is that there is all sorts of coupons for everything! Even organic and natural foods. And really anything that you like, there will most likely be a coupon for it at some point if you watch for it. Did you know that on coupons.com there is a coupon for $0.75 off any brand, gallon of milk, or $1.00 off any 2 lbs. of cheese? (These particular coupons are for Utah and Idaho only). Or did you know that you can stack a target web coupon with a manufacturer coupon, sometimes being able to get items for free? A lot of companies have coupons on there websites and if you "like" them on facebook. I have printed some really good coupons off facebook!! My favorite coupon websites are:
- coupons.com
- grocerysmarts.com
- couponmom.com
- thekrazycouponlady.com
- dealseekingmom.com
- commonsensewithmoney.com
I would like to start teaching coupon classes, so if you are interested in finding out more, in more detail, please let me know! Thanks!


6 comments:
So you have really become the coupon lady, that is cool. I am glad you have taken advantage of all those store's. I wish I could do that every week. Oh well. Good luck with your classes.
That is so cool Janica!! I need to take a class from you :)
Annie I wish you lived close, then we could be couponing buddies! And I know what ya mean about wanting to coupon, but in green river, the melon vine doesn't get ya too far, haha! And kami I would love to teach you! They have lots of coupons for gluten free foods and organic, natural foods. Do you have a whole foods close? Their coupons are awesome!
Janica!!!! How about you just do my grocery shopping for me and I'll pay you. I must be an idiot and just dont do it right, cause this couponing thing does not work for me...that is unless you text me when and where the deals are :). I need help! I think i need to sit down with you again and have you show me step by step everything you do. I would love to save that much money at the store as well as usuing that many coupons! You go girl! Please help!
Nice!! It feels so good to save! I am curious to know how you organize your coupons? Coupon binder, clipless method?
Jennifer-i have a coupon expandable file that has about ten pockets. I haven't ever tried the coupon binder just because it doesn't fit in my bag and I feel like i'd forget it! I usually spend a second before going out to shop and put all the coupons I think I will use together with a paper clip. That way I don't have to search for them at the store, but still have other coupons if I see an unexpected sale! I don't clip all my coupons from the inserts or anything, I just label them and put them in a folder for reference. I do clip the ones I know i'll use. As far as printable coupons that I print, I do keep all those in my coupon file I carry with me. My system works for me right now, but I probably will eventually get something with more categories to make it easier. What do you use/do?
Post a Comment