Saturday, September 24, 2011

Hello...







I was so excited to get our family pictures taken at Antelope Island during the hot air balloon festival on September 3! I have always loved hot air balloons. I told eric that for our 5 year anniversary I wanted to ride in one, but getting family pictures with them seemed like an even better idea! But, I still want to go up in one sometime! Anyone want to go with me? The biggest highlight of the day was when a ginormous spider was on our photographers back. Apparently Antelope Island has really big spiders you would expect to see in the rainforest. If you have seen the movie "Rio", it was a spider kindof like the one on that show. The spider must have got on her when she was crouching down to take pictures. If you can see the tall brush we were in, you can imagine how freaked out I was after that spider got on her because we still had to walk around. ewwww!

We are getting adjusted to living in Brigham city. Eric loves the work out here and he has been able to meet some good guys he gets along with. That's always a plus! We have been working on our home since before we moved in, just mainly painting. We still don't have very much furniture, but some of our family and fellow ward members have been kind enough to give us some furniture. Ever since we've been married we have only had to furnish little spaces (I think I do better with small spaces) but having more room has been nice. I have had Green River withdrawals, just mainly missing all of our friends and the simple life, I guess. I am glad to be in Brigham, but I definately will always love the time we spent in Green River. I was sad to not be able to go to Melon days (by the way, Melon days=way more fun than peach days!) but Eric "had" to watch BYU vs. Utah with Mike, which happened to be on the same day. That was worth it, haha! Bennett likes it here in Brigham, but he still refers to our green river house as if we still have a house there. We need to go back and visit.

Our little e-bear (Ian) is the chubbiest, happiest baby of all time :) Okay not all the time, but he is a happy boy. The other day we took him to a pediatric urologist at the U of U, that our pediatrition had refered us to, and she came in the room and said "So, is this Ian with one testicle"? I said, "well I hope not!" She checked him and everything is just fine, she said that they maybe couldn't find it earlier because he's so chubby. She was so weird to come in the room and say that and then she asked "Has a doctor ever talked to you about putting him on calorie restriction"? What in the world! She just assumed he was bottle fed and when I told her that I still nursed him only, she said "oh he is just on the chubbier end of breastfed babies that I've seen". Does anyone else think it's super weird she would even say that?

We have awesome neighbors! Everyone here has been so nice and welcoming! In fact, some of our neighbors just brought us German chocolate that really is from Germany. YUMMY! Alot of our neighbors have also been bringing us produce from their gardens, including peaches from a peach tree. The best peaches I've had in a long time!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Lea said...

These are such cute pictures!!! I love love love them! I am glad you are liking up there! Thanks for posting! Good to hear how you are doing!

Korry.Taffee.Jaci.Milo said...

JANICA. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your family photos. What a GREAT IDEA. I might be doing the same thing NEXT YEAR:D copy cat i know but.. those photos are PERFECT!

Annie said...

I am glad that you are doing good Janica. Those are really cute pictures.