Friday, January 29, 2010

To Maude,

My good friend Kamille just had her baby girl, Maude Violet, a month ago and so I thought I would make her these booties. Thanks to Tiffany for the pattern she bought on etsy, and the materials she provided (because she is basically like a fabric store) these booties were able to be created! thanks tiff! I really found it quite fun to make these and I thought it might be fun to start making them and selling them on etsy! It will take time to get a collection of wool felt (it is pretty pricey), and everything else i need to make them...like a sewing machine, fabric scissors, thread...haha. I don't have any of that yet. I am going to start saving for a sewing machine, and tiffany is going to start saving for a serger, so we both are saving together! yeah! And thanks kami for the picture of the booties, i actually never took one! I hope Maude enjoys them!

6 comments:

jen said...

Sounds like a good idea! Just be careful when you start to sell them. I think if you use someone else's pattern, you have to change so many things before you sell for a profit or you can be in trouble legally. But they are super cute. Love them!

Megan said...

I LOVE those. They are so so cute.

(oh and I had to show my husband that video and he thought it was so funny. He thinks cats are sick too. Hayden happened to be around when we were playing it and he busted up laughing. It was the funniest thing. I couldnt find my camera to take a video of it...If I find it ill see if I can get the same reaction. It was the funniest and cutest thing ever :) So thanks for the fun video that provided a lot of entertainment at my house hahaha)

Janica Ellsworth said...

yeah the woman that made the pattern said you can use it to make the booties and sale them, just as long as you give her credit. These booties had slight variations from the pattern, but I also plan on coming up with other variations and making other styles of shoes too! :0)

Korry.Taffee.Jaci.Milo said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE thes shoes... SOOo adorable:) I LOVE that you made them... Im GLAD you are HERE sooo we can hangout and sew:) and play BANANAS.. Im REALLY excited to get to know you better!! email me tknielson(at)hotmail(dot)com so I can ADD you to our blog! until then..Keep making CUTE BOOTIES!!!

La Reina said...

Janica, those are the cutest booties! You are so creative and talented!

Tony said...

nice boots janica! way to use your sewing skills for something besides banners!