Not smoking of course, even though Bennett's binky is like a nicotine addiction to him...
This little guy went without his binky last night! This is seriously a miracle to me! We decided to take it away- cold turkey. He cried for about 15 minutes in his crib, and then talked for 30 minutes, then fell asleep! I was so proud of him. He woke up this morning and did not even ask for it. Just a little bit ago he came to eric and me with his blanket and said "binky", eric and I were thinking OH NO he remembered. We just stuck to our guns and told him it was lost still. That is what we told him last night. I said to him, "benny your binky is lost, mommy cannot find it", I pretened to go around looking for his binky saying, "binky, where are you?" I said, "bennett can you help mommy find it?". Pretty soon I heard him in his room saying, "binky, are you?" He was also saying, "binky lost". I was so surprised he understood me! We were really struggling to get this away from him and he just wanted it all the time. We decided it was time to just take it away! Hopefully he will soon forget completely. I think after a week he will not remember anymore! I hope!!
One of the reasons we decided to take it away was because we took him to the dentist a few days ago and they said they like binkies to be gone at one year old! I feel like the habit was just getting stronger, so I knew it was time to take it! I also get so scared when i see some kids in the store that look like they are 4 or 5 with their binky in! It gives me nightmares.
Bennett did not cry or squawk at all at the dentist! For those of you who know Bennett and his teradactle squawks, that probably surprises you as much as it surprises me! I think he had a very good experience. They were very good! We took him to Atlantis Pediatric dentistry in Syracuse. They had a tv on the ceiling where they were playing BOLT for him. Every time I show him the pictures I took, he always wants to brush his teeth again, so he must have liked it there!
Luring him into the check-up room with a new toothbrush!







4 comments:
Cute little dentist pictures! Good luck in your binky adventures. We're thinking of taking Mason's away soon. He actually doesn't seem to mind much until he sees one... but still not really looking forward to it!
Your DENTISTS office looks like a cool place to go:) Im glad HE LOVED IT!! Looked like things were going good with no-binky yesterday! GOOD job mom:) I took JACI bottle away and SHE LOVES her bottle... I made her throw them in the dumpster and she did PRETTY goood, we did have some tears but.... Its been a month and she has forgotten all about it!! YAY!! Let me know when you feel like sewing:)
Oh Janica! He is soooo cute! Good boy Bennie! I have been working on that as well. I am down to naps and nighttime which is good cause he used to have it all day. It's crazy how attached they get to those blasted things!. He looks so cute sitting in the Dentists chair!
He is getting so big. He is so cute at the dentist. What an adorable boy you have!!!
Post a Comment